Sunshine days are easy to find when you’ve got The Sonny on your side. This eye-catching sunflower arrangement will add a hefty dose of good cheer anywhere it goes. Perfect for celebrating new beginnings, brightening up a birthday, or simply warming up any area of the home, this vibrant bouquet is naturally associated with joy, fun, and happiness.
1) Find a Vase - You may have noticed your flowers no longer have roots, and that they're not in soil. Bet they're thirsty! Time to put them in your favorite vase with some fresh water.
2) Trim Those Stems - Keep those stems trimmed! Always cut your flowers at an angle so they can absorb more water & won't suffocate on the bottom of the vase. After the initial cut, check the bottoms of your stems every couple of days, and if the ends are looking a bit slimy, just snip off an inch or so.
3) Remove Leaves - Take off any excess leaves so that all the water is funneled into the petals. Pay special attention to leaves below the water line because they'll decompose, causing rot and bacteria to grow, which will shorten the lifespan of your blooms.
4) Remove Spent Blooms - Any flowers that are past their prime release ethylene gas which will age the flowers around them. Remove any flowers that are beginning to wilt to keep the rest of your bouquet fresh and happy.
5) Keep Them Cool - Last but not least, keep your flowers in a cool area. Don't put them near radiators, computers, televisions, fireplaces, ovens... you get the idea.