Commonly known as a pencil cactus, this plant is actually a sun-loving, spineless succulent native to tropical areas of India and Africa. Named for its thin, somewhat brittle, pencil-like stems, this plant thrives off little water and neglect. The sap that this succulent produces when trimmed is toxic when ingested, so your new pencil cactus should be kept out of the reach of children and pets.
6" Pencil Cactus in a 6.50" x 6.50" x 6.50" Blue Ceramic Planter
Water Weekly: Allow my potting mix to dry out completely between waterings.
Bright Direct Light: I do best in bright direct light, but can tolerate bright to medium indirect light.
About Your Pencil Cactus: My thin stems earned me my nickname. I come from difficult living environments with lots of sun and little water, like many cacti and succulents but I don’t have any spines, though I am not a great plant to have around kids or pets.
This plant is PET TOXIC: If you suspect your pet may have ingested a potentially toxic substance, call the Poison Control Center at (800) 222-1222 or contact your local veterinarian as soon as possible.
We’re a modern gifting company that specializes in flower delivery. Make someone’s day by sending flowers, plants, and gifts same-day or next-day nationwide. Ordering flowers online has never been easier.