1) Find a Vase - You may have noticed your flowers no longer have roots, and that they’re not in soil. Bet they’re thirsty! Time to put them in your favorite vase with some fresh water.
2) Trim Those Stems - Keep those stems trimmed! Always cut your flowers at an angle so they can absorb more water & won’t suffocate on the bottom of the vase. After the initial cut, check the bottoms of your stems every couple of days, and if the ends are looking a bit slimy, just snip off an inch or so.
3) Remove Leaves - Take off any excess leaves so that all the water is funneled into the petals. Pay special attention to leaves below the water line because they’ll decompose, causing rot and bacteria to grow, which will shorten the lifespan of your blooms.
4) Mist Them - Flowers like to be misted (let’s be honest, who doesn’t?). Lightly spray down the petals from time to time to keep your stems looking fresh, and remove any buds that are clearly past their prime.
5) Keep Them Cool - Last but not least, keep your flowers in a cool area. Don’t put them near radiators, computers, televisions, fireplaces, ovens… you get the idea.
Free Spirit Roses: As stunning of a bouquet as its name inspires, the Free Spirit Rose will bring your bouquet to life with its warm color and classic rose scent.
*Thistle: One of the few blue stems that you can find, Eryngium Thistle adds a rich blue accent to your bouquet. It’s also a great stem to keep around as dried decoration.
*Craspedia: More commonly known Billy Balls, these little buttons of sunshine are a favorite addition to any bouquet. Nearly everlasting, tie a few craspedia together with twine as the perfect gift wrap decoration or bud vase addition.
*Solidago: Found growing in meadows, Solidago or Goldenrod, adds a textured wildflower accent to your bouquet.
*A great stem to dry and keep long after you received your fresh bouquet! Before your flowers start to wilt (about a week after receiving), hang your stems upside down in a cool, dry, and dark place. Once they are dry, add them to a vase or use them as a final touch for gift wrapping.
We’re a modern gifting company that specializes in flower delivery. Make someone’s day by sending flowers, plants, and gifts same-day or next-day nationwide. Ordering flowers online has never been easier.