Brooke Bobb, Senior Fashion News Writer for Vogue Runway at Vogue, has vivid childhood memories of watching her mom and grandmother planting colorful red, white, and pink flowers along the entranceway of their Michigan summer cottage. Perhaps that explains why her arrangement features florals of a similar color palette. The major differentiator? A large, scene-stealing succulent nestled amongst delicate anemones and snapdragons. “I love that the arrangement feels fresh and organic, like a pretty bouquet you'd pick up just to treat yourself,” says Brooke. Framed in a golden vase with cascading seeded eucalyptus, the end result is a charming bouquet full of sophistication.
Anemone, O'Hara Garden Roses, Snapdragons, Charity Garden Roses, Ranunculus, Phlox, Lavender, Succulent, Scabiosa, Seeded Eucalyptus, Leather Fern, Astrantia Pink, Cremon Mum, Heather, Blue Ceramic Vase
1) Find a Vase - You may have noticed your flowers no longer have roots, and that they’re not in soil. Bet they’re thirsty! Time to put them in your favorite vase with some fresh water.
2) Trim Those Stems - Keep those stems trimmed! Always cut your flowers at an angle so they can absorb more water & won’t suffocate on the bottom of the vase. After the initial cut, check the bottoms of your stems every couple of days, and if the ends are looking a bit slimy, just snip off an inch or so.
3) Remove Leaves - Take off any excess leaves so that all the water is funneled into the petals. Pay special attention to leaves below the water line because they’ll decompose, causing rot and bacteria to grow, which will shorten the lifespan of your blooms.
4) Mist Them - Flowers like to be misted (let’s be honest, who doesn’t?). Lightly spray down the petals from time to time to keep your stems looking fresh, and remove any buds that are clearly past their prime.
5) Keep Them Cool - Last but not least, keep your flowers in a cool area. Don’t put them near radiators, computers, televisions, fireplaces, ovens… you get the idea.
We’re a modern gifting company that specializes in flower delivery. Make someone’s day by sending flowers, plants, and gifts same-day or next-day nationwide. Ordering flowers online has never been easier.